Programs - JA Finance Park: Information for Volunteers
"Thank you for hosting [our] volunteers at Finance Park yesterday! We all had a terrific time and thought the experience was meaningful and impactful! Personally, I think JA is filling a much needed knowledge gap among our youth with high quality, relevant content."
- JA Finance Park Volunteer
Volunteering with JA Finance Park requires no advanced prep work. This one-day, high impact experience includes volunteer training prior to the students’ arrival, light breakfast and lunch. We welcome individuals and groups (small and large) to spend a day with students at the Park. Volunteering is a great team building opportunity and the chance to be a role model while sharing your education, career, and life experience with students.
JA Finance Park Staff is on site to ensure a successful Field Trip day, and all program materials are provided. The volunteer attire is Business Casual or Company apparel.
8:00 AM Volunteer Training
9/9:30 AM Student Arrival/Morning Announcements
11:30 AM Lunch (provided for volunteers)
1:45 PM Student Debriefing/Closing Announcements
What to expect on your day as a volunteer mentor…
- Upon students’ arrival, volunteers are assigned a small group of (6-10) students to work with for the day.
- Students each receive a tablet for use during the simulation, where they will learn about their fictional adult life situation.
- Led by volunteers, students explore realistic spending categories, including housing, transportation, utilities, and child care, to name a few.
- Based on their fictional net monthly income students create a budget and make spending decisions.
- Students then revisit each storefront to pay their bills with their given debit card.
- The day wraps up with a group debrief, listening to all the students’ light bulb moments
that they discovered along the way.
In-School volunteer opportunities with JA Finance Park Virtual:The JA Finance Park Virtual Online Simulation is used by schools across the state of NJ who are unable to attend a field trip. Just like the field trip, the JA Finance Park Virtual simulation requires students to put their knowledge to the test after receiving JA Finance Park curriculum.
The Online Virtual simulation takes place in the participating schools computer lab or library. Corporate and community volunteers can visit a school for the simulation, lead a speaking engagement, and provide college and career advice. If you would like to volunteer in a specific region of NJ, please contact a member of the JA Finance Park team.
Have questions about JA Finance Park, or wish to sign up? Contact: